19 April 2013

New beginnings...


Hi there, this is my first post here on Tawny Moon Studio...it's all very exciting! I've been working away for some time now, designing this blog and the Tawny Moon Studio facebook page too! Over the last several months, I've been enjoying painting more mixed media paintings and have decided it's time...or nearly time, to open an etsy shop...it's in the works and I hope to have some finished pieces available over the next few weeks...in the meantime, I wanted to just start...there's that part of me that wants to wait for perfection, when the shop is done and stocked and yet I've learnt from experience that's it's so important to have fun along the way...in fact, that's really the only reason for doing all this isn't it? To enjoy the process, not just within the art but within the whole 'putting it out there into the world' process too...so here I am!


'Best Friends' - 8x8" canvas 



Best friends come in all shapes and sizes...and we must learn to be our own best friend above all else, which is what inspired this painting above...the on-going healing process of treating myself how I hope other people will too and in turn paying them the same kindness...the simple things in life really are the most important...



A snippet from a larger painting 


It's so important to hold hope in our hearts...no matter what's happening...I like to add words to my art sometimes as they can really focus the mind onto something positive, funny or beautiful...even if we just catch a glimpse of those words now and again, when we see the picture, it can help bring us back to centre again...

Over the coming weeks I'll have lots more to share and hope that you will subscribe to follow along ♥


16 comments:

  1. How very lovely! Good luck in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! All the best with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful Ruth!!
    Looking forward to visiting you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lisa, I hope to have much more to share soon :)

      Delete
  4. Your painting of best friends is so sweet and creative. Wishing you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Gail, I do appreciate your visits very much :)

      Delete
  5. How exciting to see your new site! I love seeing your paintings and creations. You have a way with color that I love, and the people you create have such expressive looks on their face. I'll be visiting often to see your latest creations : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thank you so much! I'm dying to post more recent work very soon :)

      Delete
  6. Happy to find this new blog! Love looking at people's mixed media works -- challenges me to do more with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Exciting! I too love new beginnings. I have something new too... Please take a stroll over to http://iknowicandance.wordpress.com It is my humble steps to branch out... (: I am still working on deciding which theme to use...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very important...we do have to treat ourselves well first to be friends with others. Congrats on your new business and the best friends already sol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the colours in best friends. I accidentally marked all my bloglovin posts as read! now I am in a muddle, apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your canvas Best Friends and love seeing the whimsy in your work! Know your new etsy shop will be fun and successful! Best to you in this new adventure

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy I found you here. Love your mixed media and photos. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)