6 May 2013

Be still...

It's a wonderful thing when inspiration strikes...it comes when it comes, no amount of forcing or trying will work...and when I let go and just allow my process to unfold...it happens beautifully...things start to unfold, just like the blooms I've been witnessing around here lately...have you noticed how powerful nature is in it's beautiful rhythms? We can get caught up in the 'should be's' and the 'if only's' instead of quieting our mind and settling down inside our hearts...the only place where the truth lives 24/7...


'Be Still'   8x8" mixed media on canvas


When I'm not painting or taking pictures, I'm working as a Reiki healer and teacher...something I've been doing for over 20 years, and something that I have practised for my own healing as well as to help others...the combination of self-awareness improving (hopefully!) and working with other people, together with my passion for nature and especially, flowers, influences me in the paintings that I make...this one above is intended to be a gentle, loving reminder that the peace (and love and joy) is always to be found inside our hearts...it is there when it cannot be found elsewhere, it can be depended upon...but we do have to remember that it's there, waiting to be heard and connected with...sometimes, we just need a prompt, to take a breath, just one moment, to re-connect inside once more and to settle in our hearts once again...


White grape hyacinths...who knew?


As I walked around some of the most beautiful and peaceful gardens I know, I came across this amazing Acer below, full of warm tones and pretty shaped leaves, it's one of those trees that I take photo's of every year, some trees become good friends over time don't they? I sure look forward to seeing this one each spring, when it's at it's best...


The beautiful colour combinations of the acer and the blue sky


I hope that you have had a great weekend and that like me, it will fuel you through the coming week...thank you for being here and making the place feel like home :)

p.s I've just heard that Iron Man 3 opened this weekend...can't wait! Robert Downey Jr...a whole other kind of inspiration all of his own ;)



33 comments:

  1. Your artwork is wonderful and so are your photos. I have enjoyed reading your post also. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise, I appreciate that very much :)

      Delete
  2. Yes the whole package is beautiful this morning Ruth. I hope you have a lovely week ahead doing whatever makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam, your support means so much :)

      Delete
  3. So lovely...both your art work and your gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white grape hyacinths. They're difficult to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too liked the hyacinth photo best. The glowof the flowers with the soft background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful! Your photo of the Acer is really lovely. The blue sky complements the colors of the leaves really well.
    Thank you for finding time to visit my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm just in love with those twirly curls! Adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Tuesday Muse Ruth. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, the curls just seem to happen!

      Delete
  8. A very powerful and true reminder that we need to stop and seek peace, acceptance, joy and happiness from within. I suspect that the reality is that once we find it there, we will find it elsewhere as well. Your art is so inspirational.

    I can also relate to becoming friends with trees. I have a couple in the yard that mean so much to me and one or two down the street that I look forward to visiting each season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nicki, your support is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  9. Oooh i love you artwork! I'm so glad i found your blog today :) thank you for visiting mine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you're here!

      Delete
  10. white grape hyacinths?? Oh, they are glorious, aren't they? Glad I have your blog on my roll now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new blog is bubbling over with beautiful creativity. You are so very talented. I love all of our work. It's so inspiring. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Genie :)

      Delete
  12. thanx for your lovely piece of heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful photos for SWF!Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work of art is amazing! Such a creative and talented person you are!
    Thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. so beautiful... I suspect we have a great deal in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I do love connecting with my kindreds :)

      Delete
  16. What beauty abounds in both your artwork and your photo images!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful flower! Hope you'd find time to visit my Canna Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love hyacinths and these white ones are gorgeous. Your artwork is so beautiful.
    I am your newest GFC.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful creations ~ both the art and photography ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know grape hyacinths came in white either, beautiful! Thanks for coming by to share on WTS...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post, fantastic illustrations:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)