13 May 2013

Find beauty in the little things {new painting}

This last week has been full...lots of wonderful happenings, events and creativity...I painted this picture below...she turned into quite the retro girl, with lots of happy colours...I used paint, pencils and paper, I'm always on the look out for paper stacks going cheap and I now have 2 drawers full! Oh, how lovely! Just having it makes me happy :)


'Find beauty in the little things'  8 x 8" mixed media on canvas


Our trip to some local gardens last weekend (we had a long bank holiday weekend here in the UK) really gave me lots of inspiration, there were some beautiful flowers, the sun was shining and colour was all around...walking amongst these amazing magnolia trees pictured below felt very healing to me, surrounded by beautiful blooms high and low...I stayed amongst them for ages! Can you spot the enormous bumble bee hoovering above the tree? He was gorgeous!


These magnolias are magnificent...such an inspiration...and the scent, wow!


As the painting is flowing more readily, I'm making some textures to use on photographs, to give a painted effect to them...below is a magnolia macro with the texture over it and blended in photoshop...


Magnolia macro using a painted texture I made at the weekend...


In photography, I love macro, getting up close to see into hidden or previously unseen worlds...things take on a different perspective...below are my carrots, prepared and ready to juice! Something I've been trying for a while now is veg juicing, I do spinach, carrot, broccoli and red pepper, sometimes adding greens , beetroot and celery too, depending on what looks good...I have to say that I feel so different since starting this new habit, so much better, with more energy and a clearer mind...I thought my carrots looked wonderful this morning, I love orange but rarely use it in my paintings...


My carrots ready to be juiced this morning



I used RH West textures 'voyage' here to give a dreamy effect...


Below...my little rescue pup Izzy, she is a lurcher...they sleep a lot, a lot, a lot ! She is another source of inspiration to me, reminding me regularly to take a breath (and a nap!) have fun, enjoy the journey and relax more...she is a very good influence :)


Izzle pup snoozing again!


It is my hope to continue forward with more painting this week between work and I hope that you also manage some creative time through the week, I do so look forward to seeing what you've been up to!

If you are on facebook, please do pop over and say hello on my Tawny Moon Studio Facebook page, I'd love some more likes for my page :) thank you for all your support, it fuels me onward each week x


linking with:  macro mondaytuesday muserurality blog hop, a piece of heaven, skywatch friday, floral love, weekend flowerstoday's flowers, and weekly topshot


31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The juice tasted great too!

      Delete
  2. So artistic you are! Excellent work and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Birgitta :)

      Delete
  3. Creative art work and love the pastel look ~ and love your doggie photo, of course ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful images! I love your mixed media art and you little pup Izzy is sooooo adorable! I have a whippet and they are very good sleepers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...yes, very good sleepers!

      Delete
  5. Another set of gorgeous creations and shots! I love that first work, and of course, your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both textured shots here are lovely and ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these are beautiful and inspiring! Glad I stopped in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tracey :)

      Delete
  8. Just gorgeous. Every picture is lovely Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Miriam :)

      Delete
  9. You have incredible talent - your paintings are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thank you, I really appreciate that :)

      Delete
  10. The weather here has finally warmed and that has a lot to do with my creativity♫ You creations are wonderful♪ My Rurality: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/zephyrean-clouds/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got art in your veins... love the magnolias too..thanks for coming by and sharing on Rurality this week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the art and the new texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nicki :)

      Delete
  13. so soft and lovely :) thanx for your weekend flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your edit on the tulips - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos....Amazing !!

    Greetings from Berlin / Germany

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely flowers and cute little ball of fur.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The tulips are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tulips are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we would like to invite you to the new photo challenge blog
    http://preciousmemories-challenge.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very lovely ... all of them!! The painted texture you created is also very beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)