20 May 2013

Opening...

Opening one's heart requires strength, courage and trust...it is a necessary leap of faith that if done moment by moment, time and again, transforms the world...both our own personal world and the world at large.


'Opening' 
8x10" mixed media on paper


This painting is about my own process of opening up, of trusting...trusting all of it: myself, life, others...more and more. Putting my art out into the world takes great courage, it's all very different from looking at it at home! I chose to use pieces of an old map purposely in this painting...it's a map of the West country (UK) a place I'd like to live someday and somewhere I've explored and connected with deeply many times...I'm finding that opening is a continual inner journey of similar exploration...there is much beauty and wonder to experience...♥

I have painted several of these 'word heart' paintings now and will share them over the coming weeks, each has it's own word, like an affirmation to read and aspire to, to know and to hold inside our hearts...I hope you like them :)


The beautiful magnolia trees

I've always connected strongly with nature, it's rhythms, patterns and beauty lead me to trusting it's power...be they strapping trees or delicate blooms, they stay true to themselves, never comparing, judging or shaming one another for their different ways of living, growing and expressing themselves, instead, staying true to themselves, they bloom...they are all in harmony together...we can learn a lot from nature ♥


My beloved prismas!

When I'm not painting or wombling about in nature, I like taking pictures of my things...I love my materials, and feel very appreciative of them, be it my pencils (love my prismas) paper stacks or paints...they all seem like friends on hand, ready to manifest the next surprising creation, which often seems to take on a life of it's own in it's unfolding...leaving me to be but a witness to the process once again!


Sunset over the garden gate...

We have finally re-connected with our garden this weekend and it was wonderful to discover all of the beautiful flowers and trees coming into flower and leaf...having a tidy up out there felt very good...on the odd good weather days over the last couple of months, we have chosen to go out and visit beautiful gardens and now it feels good to be tending to our own...I feel a trip to the nursery coming on...




37 comments:

  1. Beautiful images ..... that last one makes my heart skip a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your art piece and your photos are gorgeous - a feast for the eyes! And your words are just as lovely...thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures and words Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful post, beautiful photos and artwork. I was intrigued by the west country map. I lived in South Devon for ten years before I moved to the States. It was very much part of my life even several years before that as we holidayed in Torbay before we actually moved there. I look forward to going back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pencils and the dots in the background - great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those magnolia trees are so pretty! You've got to love creative expression!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations, no matter what method you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful spring views:) I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great sky-post!
    Nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much beauty here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very colorful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos..I love the Magnolias!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those skies are incredible

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful art, beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A rainbow sunset! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely - especially the magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely captures. Happy sky watching.

    My sky.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your art - and the sunset is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous images and the sunset is beautiful. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll take your garden, and that sky..... any day. I'm with Susie. Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Foto molto vivace, allegra e colorata !
    Bye Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Makes me so happy to get to visit all Floral Love participants.
    What a joyful visit this was. Once again! Thanks for your flowers and art ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful colors! i enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous shots. Hope you'd find time to visit my Ixora.

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a playful macro....I'm so happy you participated in sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your creativity and perspective♫ My top shot effort: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/abstract/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful shots! I love the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That´s wonderful ... Wow, like it !

    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the pencils, the colours are so sharp.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)