27 May 2013

Tell Your Story {new painting}

Have you ever really told your story? Perhaps you've shared parts of it...or adapted it to fit in, to be loved, or to be accepted? It takes great courage and much bravery to tell your story...the honest, unabridged, beautiful mess that is a real true life story ♥ 


'Tell Your Story'  mixed media on canvas


When we accept ourselves fully and deeply for who we really are, I believe it is only then that we can truly tell our stories, because then, we are on our own side and it matters much less what other people think...there is great power in telling our story and first, we must tell it to ourselves...and we must listen, with an open heart ♥


Apple blossom is so many shades of pink!


I find that nature is always a good place to start...with everything, be it getting to the bottom of feelings, gaining inspiration for creativity or just getting back in touch with our own natural rhythms again...nature just does it's thing, it blossoms like this beautiful apple tree pictured above, growing by the side of the road, probably from a discarded apple core, tossed from a passing car many moons ago...we must learn to do our thing too...it doesn't matter where we start because the most important part of our story is the next chapter...and spending time outside helps me to think about how I want my story to go...after all, we are in the middle of our stories, or more accurately, amidst our stories, regardless of age or circumstance...


 The only flower my camelia produced this year...so perfect ♥


Even if, like my camelia, pictured above, (that was only able to produce one flower this spring), things don't go as planned or hoped, we can still choose to see our story from a place of love...to see the good, to change our perspective and allow room for something different to form in the next chapter...I'm sure I appreciated this flower all the more because it was the only one. So, tell your story how it was and how you want it to be...there is great power in storytelling ♥ I hope you have a beautiful week...




35 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post Ruth. Love the texture on your Camelia and 'Tell Your Story is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insightful post with lovely illustrations. Putting yourself out there does take bravery. I think the secret is to know where your support is and not be afraid to rely on it. I am confident that every story has an equally vital supporting cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicki, it's so true :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely images and post, Ruth! I enjoy nature and all its beauty. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the gorgeous layers in your painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Patrice :)

      Delete
  5. Well said! and Gorgeous images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth,
    Awesome thoughts and words! Just what I needed to hear today. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Robyn, for letting me know that :)

      Delete
  7. Great post, beautiful illustrations:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love especially the camelia picture. Beautiful with the soft texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all done in my iphone :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful camellia photo and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your paintings. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Second photo was breathtakingly peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raine, I took that on my iphone, we drew up to a corner and I happened to look up, so glad I did :)

      Delete
  12. I love the shot of the camellia. The texture is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the processing on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, done with 'photo toaster' app on my iphone :)

      Delete
  14. absolutely exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how they seem to have so many colors on one tree. Your tree is gorgeous as is the camellia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is such gorgeous artwork and your photos are breathtaking. Thank you once again for sharing with Today's Flowers and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Denise
    Today’s Flowers
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Words and Lovely Pics <3
    Have a Lovely Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Words & Lovely Pics <3
    Have a Wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Lena :)

      Delete
  19. Thank you for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're so right. Our stories are very important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  21. So true, as we think, so we are. We create our own reality. It is not the sparkling bathroom or clean windows that bring real joy into our lives but the dew on the grass, a stray sunbeam or just one camellia for the season. Like the LIttle Prince who had just one rose and worried his heart out lest the caterpillar eat it. Learn to love ourselves and all of nature becomes one great orgy of loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise words, thank you for visiting :)

      Delete
  22. Beautiful photos. Sorry for the late visit. Hope you'd find time to visit my Duranta Repens.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love this girl too. She's the one in your blog banner which I adore too. Such talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your work is very lovely. I love how soft and delicate it is. Enchanting and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)