17 June 2013

Re-Connect {new painting}

I went for a walk, through woods and valley...it was lush and green with a heavenly scent...that of growth, of freedom and of new beginnings...I stood for a while and took deep breaths, feeling my own roots sinking down into the earth to re-connect...


'Re-Connect' mixed media on canvas


Then I came home and I felt like painting...and the painting above is what happened...nature came home with me ♥


A moody day where we live


Our weather is mixed...it's really not like having a summer at all, sort of a spring/summer hybrid, with the spring blooms still flowering amidst the first roses and lupins...


Helebores and spring flowers


I hope you are finding time to get outside and find inspiration in nature...and also finding time to be creative too...it's important, it's good for the soul ♥




12 comments:

  1. I love the new painting Ruth, what a lovely talent you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how i miss seeing those rape fields!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those photos. I wish we still had spring here...been summer for two months now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ruth -- very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx for your wonderful piece of heaven and the lovely weekend flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - I was so drawn to your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely landscape and your painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely poetic lines, great click and a fantastic painting. You do stay in an amazing place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and beautiful!
    Visiting from The View!
    Happy Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, it is deeply appreciated :)